Interior Window Treatments
Plantation shutters are a great choice for privacy, light diffusion and airflow. Some products are built for improved energy efficiency.
- Plantation Shutters: Classic style for current homes. Wood or cellular PVC shutters with wide louvers (2.5”, 3.5” or 4.5” options at no additional cost). Fully customizable and made in a variety of colors. Louver Shop of Louisville exclusive. Also known as plantation blinds.
- Classic Plantation Shutters: Premium wood and cellular PVC plantation shutters that give a traditional style in any home. Our most popular shutter.
- Heritage Diamond Select™: Solid wood plantation shutters made with top-of-the-line materials. They will set your home apart from the rest.
- LouverWood™: Cellular PVC plantation shutters that insulate three times better than wood.
- Signature Shutters: Solid wood plantation shutters with an exclusive build only available from Louver Shop of Louisville.
- Traditional Shutters: The “original” interior wood shutter with narrow frames and miniature louvers (1.25”).
Make your home more comfortable and eye-catching with Hunter Douglas blinds from Louver Shop of Louisville. As tough as they are beautiful, there’s a window blind for every home. Use them to filter light and provide privacy.
- Horizontal Blinds: Traditional window treatment crafted in wood or PVC.
- EverWood®: Moisture-resistant PVC blinds that look like wood.
- Parkland®: Classic horizontal hardwood blinds.
- Plantation Blinds: Plantation blinds have wider slats, like plantation shutters. Usually crafted from wood or faux wood.
- Mini Blinds: Horizontal aluminum blinds with long, narrow louvers.
- Vertical Blinds: Individual louvers clipped into a sliding track at the top of the blind.
- Cadence®: Soft vertical blinds with the style of drapes.
- Skyline®: Gliding vertical fabric panels with current style.
- Somner®: Custom vertical blinds in vinyl, fabric or aluminum.
- Vertical Solutions®: Budget-friendly fabric or vinyl vertical blinds.
Hunter Douglas shades can diffuse sunlight, impact heat transfer and block damaging UV rays.
- Honeycomb Shades: Brings superior energy efficiency. Multiple air pockets give them a honeycomb-like shape and strong insulating qualities.
- Applause®: Budget-friendly, energy-efficient honeycomb shade with triple-cell construction.
- Duette®: Most energy-efficient honeycomb shade made.
- Pleated Shades: A single piece of fabric that stacks into neat pleats when raised.
- Roman Shades: One piece of fabric that hangs flat while closed and stacks when raised.
- Roller and Solar Shades: Simple, affordable shades. Curls around a roller when raised. Some models feature improved insulation and light-filtering capabilities.
- Designer Roller: Roller shade offering more than 330 fabric choices.
- Designer Screen: Roller shades with UV protection and a view.
- Sonnette™: Traditional roller shade with energy-efficient construction.
- Sheer Shades: Provides both light and privacy. Features vertical or horizontal adjustable vanes floating between backings.
- Nantucket™: Budget-friendly sheers that combine drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Pirouette®: Customizable sheers with excellent light control that combine drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Silhouette®: Premium sheers with exceptional light control that integrate drapes and floating horizontal blinds.
- Luminette®: Combines the beauty of drapes and floating vertical blinds.
Hunter Douglas Operating Systems
Hunter Douglas offers a variety of motorized and manual operating systems for its blinds and shades. Available systems vary based on the product.
Motorized Operating Systems
- PowerView®: Wireless operating system controlled or scheduled via a remote or mobile device.
- SoftTouch™: Battery-operated system with wand operation.
- Vertical Motorized System: Remote or wall-mount system for vertical blinds.
Manual Operating Systems
- UltraGlide®: Retractable cord or wand remain at a consistent length when raising or lowering shades.
- LiteRise®: Cordless system works with your touch, pushing up to raise or pulling down to lower.
- Duolite®: Light diffusion and room darkening in one product.
- LightLock™: Provides 100% blackout capability for Duette® Honeycomb Shades.
- Top-Down/Bottom Up: Open your shades from the top, bottom or anywhere in between.
- Vertiglide™: Cordless operating system for Duette® and Applause® Honeycomb Shades. Choose from manual or motorized.
- SimpleLift™: Contoured bottom rail takes away the need for a handle, making raising and lowering shades easy.
- Cordless Lifting System: Cord-free spring-assist system to raise and lower large window solutions.
- EasyRise™: Pull on a loop to raise or lower a shade.
- Clutch-Operated Continuous Cord Loop: Continuous loop moves on a pulley, rotating a clutch to raise or lower a shade.
- Custom Clutch: Smooth operating system that creates the smallest gap possible between a shade and a window to block the most light.
- Standard Cordlock: Locks into place for simple operation and streamlined appearance.
- Combination Wand/Cord Control: Provides single control to traverse or rotate the vanes or louvers.
- Wand Control: Changes looped pull cords with a wand.
- Chain and Cord: Brings smooth operation and excellent light control.
Parts and Features of Shutters, Blinds and Shades
We frequently refer to these parts and features on our window treatment product pages.
- Architella®: Premium choice for select Hunter Douglas products. Features exceptional energy efficiency.
- Cells: Sections that make up a honeycomb shade.
- ClearView™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas component that expands the outdoor view for select window treatments.
- de-Light™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas feature for blinds that hides cord holes and reduces light leakage.
- End Retention System: Proprietary Louver Shop option on hurricane shutters that takes away the need for storm bars.
- IllumiCell™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas light-diffusing option for Duette® Architella® Honeycomb Shades.
- Invisi-Lift™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas component for shades that floats horizontal vanes on a sheer backing.
- Louver: Wide horizontal panels in a plantation shutter.
- MagnaView®: Proprietary Hunter Douglas option for select horizontal blinds that nearly doubles the view.
- Polymer: Also referred to as faux or fake wood. Suited for rooms with high moisture.
- PerfectView: Louver Shop of Louisville offers a current operating system for our shutters that hides the traditional tilt bar from being seen. This offers smooth operation and enhanced view through the shutter.
- Slat: Individual strips that compose a horizontal blind.
- SofTrak™: Proprietary Hunter Douglas component for vertical blinds allowing smooth, quiet operation.
- Tilt Rod: Used on shutters to open or close louvers.
- Trielle™: Proprietary option for Hunter Douglas Duette Architella Honeycomb Shades that enhances energy efficiency.
- Vane: Hanging panels in a vertical blind.